All employees of the university can obtain a PDN mail account.
To obtain an account, send an email through the head of the department to email@example.com with the user information (shown below). Please note that the head of the department should send the email using his official mail account.
- Surname with initials
- Names represented by initials
- Preferred user-name (at least two)
- For contract / temporary positions, date of termination
- UPF Number
- Alternative email address (To send the new account details)
- Mobile phone number
- Office phone number
NCSU will create PDN accounts for:
- All the staff members in the University (ex:firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Units/Departments/Societies/Organizations of the University (ex:email@example.com)
- Designations of the departments/divisions heads (ex:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
After creation you can access your mailbox through
- One personal account per user.
- UPF number is essential for creating personal accounts.
- Official email accounts (head of the department, assistant registrars/bursars, etc.) will not have personal information. They are created only for official designations.
- User names cannot include spaces and non-alphanumeric characters.
- For personal accounts, your username can have the first name and last name.
- For personal accounts, applications have to come through the head of the department.
- For official accounts, applications have to come through an official letter.